Day 4: "When this tent we live in-- our body here on earth--- is torn down, God will have a house in heaven for us to live in, a home he himself has made, which will last forever."
Father, thank you for that promise, I do not fear my own death anymore. I desire to be with you. In your arms there's refuge, a promise of an eternal love. I want to go home. Your promises give me strength to carry on.
Jonah’s Disobedience 04/18/08 (Jonah 1:6)
The word of the LORD came to Jonah the son of Amittai saying, 2 “Arise, go to Nineveh the great city and cry against it, for their wickedness has come up before Me.” 3 But Jonah rose up to flee to Tarshish from the presence of the LORD. So he went down to Joppa, found a ship which was going to Tarshish, paid the fare and went down into it to go with them to Tarshish from the presence of the LORD.
Like Jonah, I tried to run away from God but we both failed.
I've been very stubborn. I keep on running away. I am very "matampuhin".
4 The LORD hurled a great wind on the sea and there was a great storm on the sea so that the ship was about to break up.
So, what God does is... He uses people or circumstances to have our love back. He allows hitches in our lives just for us to go back to Him. That's how much He LOVES us. Walang kawala... He gives us storms, he uses people and sometimes, he disables us.
"Even if you disobey, God still has His way."
Just when you assumed you lost him, He is finding a way to get us back to him. Just like how a Shepard will take care of a lost sheep. He will break its leg, carry it and bring it back to where it belongs.
JB, I now understand why He took you away from me...
Just last week (when you left me), my dreams became so vivid. I discovered what I truly wanted to do. I felt really excited about it! I made plans... I pictured out my life. However, there's a problem. A big problem . I just ran away from my father, my provider and my greatest encourager.
Instantly, it didn't make any sense. He used someone to make me realize what my passion is-- to make me realize that I need Him... That without him life is worthless. I felt really scared about how my life is going to be without Him.
He also allowed emptiness and loneliness to fill my heart. I was so heart broken, so He knew that I would turn to Him...
Isolation. Depression. I've been in a complete darkness. I felt so alone.
So, I made a remarkable "U-turn".
All of a sudden, it was just ME and God.
I felt His presence. He wants the 100% of my being, my attention, friendship and love.
He didn't give up on me...
I was touched by his GREAT love.
"Lord, I repent. You own everything. I need you. I love you. You are my provider. You are my Father. I surrender my life to you. I trust in you. Your plans for me are greater than mine... Thy will be done Lord."
5.18.2008
between.me.and.god
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Living God's Word
For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless. ~Psalm 84:11
One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple. My heart says of you, “Seek his face!” Your face, Lord, I will seek. ~Psalm 27:4, 8
Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. ~ JOHN 15:4
One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple. My heart says of you, “Seek his face!” Your face, Lord, I will seek. ~Psalm 27:4, 8
Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. ~ JOHN 15:4


No comments:
Post a Comment