Day 1: "It's in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for. Long before we first heard of Christ and got our hopes up, he had his eyes on us, had designs on us for glorious living, part of the overall purpose he is working out in everything and everyone."
Everything I'll do, I will do it for the Lord. I will do things that will glorify him. It's my goal to finally discover his purpose for me. I've never felt this good, contented, important, special and complete. He spoils me like a 2 year old kid. He gives all my needs. He supports me with everything! He never fails to amaze me.
This book (PDL, R. Warren) is one of my blessings. Thank you Judit!
JB once asked me, "What made you smile today?" I paused for like an hour and can't think of anything at all. *Laughs*
Oftentimes, we don't realize that those we consider "simple things" makes a BIG difference in our lives.
So, here are the things that made me smile today:
- The high speed internet connection (w/out it I can't set up this blog)
- The YM audible who laughs hilariously. (see audibles-> insults)
- Deion's good mood this morning (whew! it's hard to compromise with him)
- My favorite sinigang. (Yum!)
- My student who said he doesn't like school because it's boring. (I agree...)
- Judit's stories and her talent to "act" them up. (the best!)
When I received Jesus, everything made sense. I started to appreciate my life. I started to see how beautiful it is. I used to complain about life being soooooo unfair. I experienced feeling empty with no reason at all.
One day, I found myself crying asking God a lot of "WHY?" questions. I actually hated him. I have no bestfriend... Not even one single loyal friend... My parents abandoned me... I never had a boyfriend who took me seriously... I am not rich... He made me a single mom... etc.
I'll tell you this... He was there. He was listening while I was questioning him. He was there when I felt empty. He stayed beside me when I hated him. He was there with me when I was crying. He was there. He did not turn away from me. He made "a way" to bring me close to Him. He answered my questions.
"Me", He said.
He was the answer to all my questions.
He wants me to befriend him. He's the perfect bestfriend. He is my Father, and even if my parents forsake me, he will never forget me. He's the perfect parent. I don't need a man to make me happy or complete me. He's the perfect lover. My son is the perfect gift.
This is how special I am. My life changed. He changed it. I've learned that life isn't unfair with Jesus in your life. You just have to receive him. As I've said, it's all about HIM. It's not about ME.
5.13.2008
the.calling
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Living God's Word
For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless. ~Psalm 84:11
One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple. My heart says of you, “Seek his face!” Your face, Lord, I will seek. ~Psalm 27:4, 8
Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. ~ JOHN 15:4
One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple. My heart says of you, “Seek his face!” Your face, Lord, I will seek. ~Psalm 27:4, 8
Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. ~ JOHN 15:4


No comments:
Post a Comment