Day 1: “I have carried you since you were born; I have taken care of you from your birth. Even when you're old , I will be the same. Even when your hair has turned gray. I will take care of you. I made you and I will take care of you.”
I am not an accident.
I am here for a purpose. There's a reason behind my existence. He figured out the talents that I would be indowed with. He chose my guardians. He made me this way-- there's a reason why He made me small. He created me because He loves me therefore I should love myself.
Day 2: "God... is able to do far more than we would ever dare to ask or even dream of--- infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, or hopes"
Ish driven by guilt. I was wielded by memories. I thought that I had already moved on. I wasn't aware that I am already allowing my past to control me. I was skeptical to turn to God because of my past.
Ish driven by resentment and anger. I was holding the pain caused by traumatic memories for a long time. I forgive but I do not forget. I resent. I was holding on to the pain through bitterness. I didn't realize that it only hurts me. It even injures me more than the person I despise. I continued to fret in my pain.
Up to the present moment I find it difficult to forgive. It was never easy to forgive the people who have betrayed you. I am still in the process of learning the art of forgiveness. It is very difficult but I am trying... I am praying for his healing. I definitely want to be healed.
Ish driven by fear. I am a worrier. I fret a lot. I don't trust myself. I am afraid to go out on my comfort zone because I fear rejection and failure. I've been traumatized by my past. I grew up in an environment where people throw criticisms everywhere. I've been fearful to venture out.
Ish driven by materialism. I thought that if I only have everything that I want to possess, I would be happy. That's why, for me life is unfair! It just wasn't fair!!! "Why are they rich, and I'm not?", "Why do they have that, and I don't?" etc... A lot of whining. I always compare. That's why no matter what I receive, I never get contentment.
Ish driven by the need for approval. I didn't have my own identity. I worry about what other people might think of me. I am controlled by the opinions of others. The pressure is unbearable. I tried to please them the best that I can. I was trying to be someone that I am not.
My parents once said that I am ugly, so I lived my life believing I am ugly. My past boyfriends made me feel cheap and stupid, so I lived thinking I am cheap and stupid. Things like that...
The progress?
He gave me a fresh start. I am living in a "new life" with Him. My life revolves around Him now. It's the relationship I've been waiting for my whole life.
I learned that, if I can't trust myself, I can always count on him. At the same time, he will work on my confidence.
"I am confident because I trust him."
Everything made sense. Now my ultimate goal is to discover my purpose. My life is now focused ONLY on what's essential. He makes me realize what I need and even what I truly want in life!
Now, don't care what other people say about me. If I see them rich, high-maintenanced, or high profile, it doesn't strike me anymore. He satisfies me. I trust him. He has GREATER plans for me. My relationship with Him is my pride and joy. I don't want to lose it.
5.17.2008
god.is.love
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Living God's Word
For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless. ~Psalm 84:11
One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple. My heart says of you, “Seek his face!” Your face, Lord, I will seek. ~Psalm 27:4, 8
Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. ~ JOHN 15:4
One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple. My heart says of you, “Seek his face!” Your face, Lord, I will seek. ~Psalm 27:4, 8
Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. ~ JOHN 15:4


No comments:
Post a Comment