5.26.2008

life.is.short

Day 6: “When life gets tough, when you're overwhelmed with doubt, or when you wonder if living for Christ is worth the effort, remember that you are not home yet. At death you won't leave home-- you'll go home.” (PDL, Rick Warren)

“I am here on earth for a little while” Psalm 119:19

Life is short. We should live life to the full. Living life to the full means living life with Jesus.

My family strongly thinks that going to the US is the answer for everything. I grew up dreaming to work abroad. A few years ago, I stopped taking chances to go to other countries to work. I realized that the comfort of living with your family in your own country can't be equated with the comfort of earning a lot of money in the US. There's no place like home. I am the only one that my son has. I cannot compromise that for the sake of money. So, I started to work hard. I build dreams with the hope that I will be successful in my own country.

When I became a Christian, I've learned deeper about citizenship matters. I've learned that wherever I go, I will always experience discrimination, difficulties, struggles, pains and problems. "This world is not my home." Earth is just a school and nobody wants to stay in school for the rest of his/her life.

For some people, they find it difficult to accept. For them, it makes you think that material abundance is not important, so they stopped reading the book. It gives lesser value to money. I admit that it crossed my mind too. I had a lot of questions about that too.

However, later on, I've learned that God doesn't want us to forget our dreams nor stop working for a living. I believe He just wants us to be more comfortable with our Faith in Him rather than being cozy with what we possess on Earth.

"We fix our eyes NOT on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

He created everything. He gave people the intellect to build houses, cars, money etc. He created our longings. Why would he limit those to us? He created such desires for material wealth for us to turn to Him. He wants us to include HIM in our plans. He is our provider and He wants to give us the best. He is our father. Everything will be given to us if we seek Him.

Life is a test, remember? He is always testing us. If we forget to thank Him when we received a blessing, He would not be pleased. He wants us to have a good life here on Earth but there's a great purpose behind that.

As for me, I am excited to receive my crowns. I will be rewarded with crowns in heaven and those crowns are eternal treasures. He promised us rewards in eternity. All we have to do is focus on His promises and not on temporary crowns. We are created for something MUCH better. The fact that we have Jesus in our lives makes us abundant already.

"It takes FAITH to live on Earth"

No comments:

Living God's Word

For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless. ~Psalm 84:11

One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple. My heart says of you, “Seek his face!” Your face, Lord, I will seek. ~Psalm 27:4, 8

Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. ~ JOHN 15:4